Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Europe has Come and Gone!


It is official I have been back from Europe A little over a month. I am back in school and already almost half way through my last semester in College. Europe was beyond amazing! Thinking back on everything I got to experience in the two weeks in Europe it all feels like a distant dream. Everything went very smoothly. I think the only real hitch was us forgetting our power converter in one of our Hostels, but we even were able to get it back. It just meant no internet or straightening my hair for a couple days and a little extra traveling. Other then that we were super lucky.

Here is a really brief recap of the funnest Europe trip ever!!!
We stayed in the Czech Republic for the full two weeks. The main cities: Prague, Plzen, Olomouc, and Zlin. We went to a lot of smaller cities along the way, which I can say were by far my favorite. The smaller cities had less tourists, slower pace, and were really just beautiful. We stayed in Hostels for almost the entire time, with the exception of a couple days in Plzen when we got the chance to stay with Sister Markova, a member that Jimbo knew when he was on his mission, which was a great experience being able to stay with someone that was from there, plus she was the only . The hostels were not as bad as I thought they were going to be. Besides a not so good experience with some mystery bugs (bed bugs... Yuck!!!) and a one night stay at a really ghetto hostel, it was overall really fun.

We really got to do a lot of things: seeing castles, going to the zoo: hold an owl, attend a baptism, go to a street fair in Plzen, visit Charles Bridge, visit crystal factory town, ride on trains, and whole bunch more (Which I would write if I wasn't so lazy). Either way Europe was great and I hope that one day I will get the chance to go back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment